With an increasing number of people getting conscious of energy savings, cellular blinds, also called honeycomb blinds, are gaining popularity for various reasons.
Having cellular blackout blinds helps retaining heat within the room. That means during winters, hot air contained in the room is unable to escape through the windows while in summers the cold air is unable to escape from the room. Cellular blinds come with a very innovative design. Their honeycomb design adds to their versatility as they also work towards darkening the room by covering the windows, apart from helping to contain the heat within the room.
10 Reasons To Use Cellular Blinds Window Treatments
Honeycomb blinds not only look like fabrics but also give the feel of soft fabric. These are getting more popular than other window treatments for the following additional benefits that they offer:
- You get cellular blinds which offer varying degree of darkness. So, they can be used for blocking out annoying light at night in your bedroom.
- Cellular blinds, while providing privacy, also enable light to softly pass through the window of any room.
- One can have honeycomb blinds in a large variety of colors and the most outstanding feature is that despite being continuously exposed to sunlight these don’t get faded.
- Cellular blinds when used on windows give you the freedom of being adjusted as ‘bottom up and ‘top down’, meaning these can be raised up or lowered down in either direction, quite like café curtains to maintain the desired level of privacy.
- The user can get them motorized and cordless and use a remote control for convenient and safe operation.
- Cellular blinds come in different pleat sizes. The bigger pleats provide better insulation characteristics.
- The exclusive hexagonal cell form of cellular blinds for window coverings enables them to offer good insulation despite their light weight. That helps maintain room temperature during winters and summers.
- Honeycomb blinds incorporate top and bottom rails in wrapped fabric, which gives the finished window treatment a distinctive and even appeal.
- Cellular blinds impart a soft and superior look. You also get the option of single, double, or triple-celled cellular window shades.
- Room darkening honeycomb shades can to a great extent stop the light coming from the streetlights from entering through the bedroom window without having blackout shades.
The structure of a cellular blind is that of a cell within a cell, that’s why these are called as honeycomb blinds. It’s because of this structural design that the users save money on energy bills for the households.
Cellular blinds are reported to help save as much energy as fifty percent or even more so to insulate your home with top down honeycomb shades make sense for monetary reasons as well.. That means your expense for heating and cooling is considerably reduced. Window treatments incorporating cellular blinds look warm and bright and transform the ambience of a room, giving it an exceptional style and make them look charming.
You may choose cellular fabrics from any of the following colors:
3/4″ Cordless Double Cell Fabric: This fabric comes in a range of colors that includes white, tan and taupe etc.
3/4″ Single Cell Fabric: In this case you can have colors like creamy white, alabaster, shell white, taupe, rattan, brandy, olive, cottonwood, navy and deep gray.
3/4″ Single Cell Blackout Fabric: The colors you get in this type are: mist, thyme and wood tone etc.
1/2″ Single Cell Fabric: You get quite a wide range of colors including shell white or creamy white, alabaster, brandy, beige, cottonwood, rattan, taupe, etc.
3/8” Double Cell Fabric: Colors available are almond, taupe, pearl, pecan and others.